We are thrilled to announce that on October 20th, we will be presenting our first installment of “The Panel: A cross-generational discussion” at Unitek College in Concord! We are inviting the entire Concord Chamber, so bring your business cards to connect with new contacts. There will be food, discussion, and a tour of the college by Campus Director Kirk Engel. We will also be holding a social media photo contest that evening, so charge up your cell phones and bring your selfie sticks. We are honored to have five great members of the Concord Chamber join us on the panel, including current Chairman of the Board Tania Brugger from Chase Bank. You don’t want to miss this event! To RSVP, go to our Facebook Events page
Join the CYP on Wednesday, July 1 from 6-8 PM at Mi Pi Pizza for the second installment of the Summer Dinner Series! We will have the opportunity to hear from the restaurant owner how Mi Pi Pizza came to be, and learn pi itself! 3.14159265359…………………………….
To sign up and for more information, check out our Facebook event page!
June through August are great months to get outdoors, go on vacation (or staycation!), and enjoy the long lasting days. So instead of planning typical mixers or networking events with rigid timelines and agendas, we thought it best to focus instead on the friendships and connections that make our group so strong, as well as provide a way for networking-shy business professionals to come and discover more about who we are in a summer-worthy fashion. Thus, we created the Summer Dinner Series: six nights of relational networking, spanning over three months of the summer season.
So here’s what you should know:
- It’s a bit more relaxed. There likely won’t be door prizes or raffles; bring your business cards, but look forward to talk more about who you are rather than what you do.
- Come hungry. We’re calling it the dinner series for a reason. Don’t be shy to eat in front of others.
- Hear from local business owners. We’ve invited business owners and professionals to share their personal and professional stories and are excited about the value this will add to your journey!
- It costs what you eat. The fee for these events are what you eat.
- Not a Chamber member? That’s okay too! Check us out. These events for the summer are meant to reflect an open house, so there’s no fee for non-Chamber members other than the cost of your food (though we really think the benefits of joining are strong).
SO SAVE THE DATES! Here is the schedule for the Summer Dinner Series. You can Like Us on Facebook to RSVP on our Events Page, or can RSVP directly through here over the next couple of weeks as event pages are uploaded to the website.
- Wed. June 17th – East Bay YoPro Mega Mixer with the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce at The Hideout Kitchen & Cafe, Lafayette @ 6p
- Wed. July 1st – Beat the Hump Day Slump at Mi Pi Pizza in Downtown Concord @ 6p
- Mon. July 13th – Beer & Radio at Hop Grenade in Downtown Concord (Time TBA)
- Wed. July 29th – Make Your Own Pizza at Mary’s Pizza Shack in Walnut Creek @ 6p
- Wed. August 12th – BBQ in the Park, starting at Kinders and concluding at Baldwin Park in Concord @ 6p
- Wed. August 26th – Summer Send-Off Bash at Hilton Concord @ 6p
Be sure to subscribe to our blog for the latest updates! We’ll see you this summer.
The Yo Pro’s met last night at Plate and Vine, restaurant at Hilton Concord for their monthly meet up. Financial Services Professional, Adam Chisum with Mass Mutual, taught the group about planning for their future, including 401(k)’s, mutual funds, IRA’s and more with an interactive discussion. The group then played Networking Bingo where they had to network to have others sign off on boxes that corresponded to them, such as “works in technology” and “speaks another language,” to get five in a row for a Bingo.
To make a financial appointment with Adam, contact him at email@example.com or (925) 558-5490.
To make a reservation at Plate and Vine, visit http://www.plateandvinerestaurant.com or call (925) 680-1700.
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Time: 6-7:30 PM
Location: Plate and Vine, restaurant in the Concord Hilton
1970 Diamond Blvd. Concord, CA 94520
What: Adam Chisum with Mass Mutual will be speaking, followed by networking games!
RSVP: Click Here to RSVP. Please feel free to let other Young Professionals about the event!